Where is Liberty of the Seas now? click here

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Ship to home

October 17

We docked around 7:00.  I had set the alarm for 7:40 but from about 5 am on, I awoke about every 15 minutes, looked out the window, and then went back to sleep.  Finally gave up and got out of bed about 7:30.

We were expected to disembark between 8:15 and 8:30 and were to be in the Platinum Theater by 8:15.  Things went slowly and we were finally called around 8:45.  Collected our baggage in the terminal and then stood in line for customs and immigration.  We then walked out to meet the shuttle bus to the airport.  We arrived at the United terminal about 10:15 after a ride of just over 20 minutes.

Check-in was automated and once our bags were weighed and tagged we had to take them to a cart on the other side of the room.

We decided to eat before going through security because the guard told Gary we would have more choices.  Barbara and I ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger, Tommy had pizza and Gary and Carolyn chose Jersey Mike subs.

When our early lunch was finished, we played a game Barbara had brought called "Farkle".  You roll dice trying to get certain numbers.  The first player to 10,000 wins (beginner's luck - I won).

Then we all played with our phones.  Tommy and Barbara's won't send messages to each other and Carolyn's and mine won't, either.

We were all TSA pre-approved so no one had to remove shoes, belts, etc.  Once through security we still had two hours until boarding.  Carolyn walked laps around the terminal, Barbara read, Tommy enjoyed using his phone, Gary was the designated bag watcher (when we wandered around) and I worked on the blog.

Boarding started right on time at 2:40 and we took off at 3:05.  Arrived back in Richmond at 4:13 (love short flights).  My daughter and grandson met us as we exited the restricted area.  Our bags came up after about five minutes (mine was the first one on the carousel).

Home before six.

Another great cruise is over.  I enjoyed cruising with friends and hope we can do it again soon.

For me, the next cruise will be in April to Hawaii and Tahiti and then to Alaska afterwards.  I will post the link to my new blog in "My Blog List" at the bottom of this page when I set it up.

For now, smooth sailing until next time!  



lunch at the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment